Friday, December 2, 2011

Another World, Another Language

brought to you by,
Yours Truly

I've been hooked to Switched at Birth pretty hard on lately. Reason being cause the main plot of the story is how two girls lives have been switched and one turned deaf. The deaf girl named Daphne was suppose to a rich girl named Bay. And Daphne has a deaf friend named Emmet.

Now the whole story revolves around these two girls, but I started getting really interested when a love between deaf boy Emmet and hearing Bay started to spark up. Seeing how they pull together two different worlds is amazing.

You know you might know this but deaf people may understand English in sign and reading but if they could hear, I mean if they would have gotten cochlea implants and would be able to hear. They wont understand what youre saying, because its a new found language to them.

So reading signs is one thing, they would have to learn how to read your lips. I would cry whenever I see Emmet trying to explain to Bay what he was talking about. And the best part? Bay wouldnt mind figuring out what he was saying, because she actually loves learning what Emmet teaches her.

This. Is what I truly want to experience. Love.

Unconditional love.

I was always fond of the deaf. Fascinated by their ways of living, I once saw a group actually a really big group of deaf people talking to each other. In the room of noisy people in their restaurant, they were the biggest but most silent group of place. Whats more interesting is that they were using sign to communicate and it was interesting. Its rude to stare but I couldnt help but to watch and observe.

I've always been interested in the deaf.

I've always researched about why deaf people usually come off mute. Because they cant hear themselves. Its the same if we put on our headphones and blast real loud and start singing along with the music, even any good singer would go off tune if you record yourself.

But these beings are different. They're incredible. Beautiful. Because they know of a world that is so amazing, that it makes you wander whats so great about us that could speak and hear.


tuning to: Comforting Sound by Mew

No comments: